Not a gloat, but...

The workshop in the Labs at work have arranged to swap their Herbert No 2 surface grinder for a much bigger and better one that became free elsewhere on the site. Since I have used this grinder and have found it useful for model engineering size jobs (shims, tool bits etc) I put a bid in to buy it. The works manager was quite happy to sell it to me rather than let an auction house sell it and told me that £75+VAT would make it mine.

Today I got the pro-forma invoice in the post and there is a slight problem.

The machine that I was buying was a Herbert No2 like this:-

4"x8" travel, manual, no coolant, tiny.

The machine mentioned on the invoice is a Jones and Shipman No1400 like this:-

8"x25" travel, automatic, coolant, not so small.

Before I tell them that I don't want it because it's too big and can I have the little one, is there anyone who could use it at a price sufficient for me to get a _little_ grinder!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand