Not Torx drivers

You've got to remember some of these things are pretty accurate, and it doesn't take that much flex to get a bit variation at the window regulator. If you consider that when the motor forces a curved window up against the top of the door, it will also force the centre of the door outwards. Combine that with when the door is shut, the door catch will pull the center of the door inwards, and you could end up with enough flex so the shut position is just that little bit beyond reach, and trigger the anti-trap.

It's not something I've personally witnessed, but it was mentioned during a vehicle manufacturers training course, as something to be aware of when you're reprogramming volatile memories.

Reply to
moray

: > Total clap-trap... If the doors are flexing *that* much there is : > something wrong!... : >

: : You've got to remember some of these things are pretty accurate, and it : doesn't take that much flex to get a bit variation at the window regulator.

...whilst you need to remember that, although I don't think I've mentioned this before on the group, that I've got over 30 odd years experience repairing cars with 20 of those been involved in all aspects of the car body/crash repair. :~)

: If you consider that when the motor forces a curved window up against the : top of the door, it will also force the centre of the door outwards. Combine : that with when the door is shut, the door catch will pull the center of the : door inwards, and you could end up with enough flex so the shut position is : just that little bit beyond reach, and trigger the anti-trap.

Very few cars, one can them on one hand, have door catches that retrain the upper part (drop-glass frame) of the door, if the drop-glass motor is going to apply a force (via the glass) to the upper door frame and cause deflection it's going to do it if the door is open *or* closed - no flexible rubber door seal is going to stop it! It's just that it's less noticeable when the door is shut.

: : It's not something I've personally witnessed, but it was mentioned during a : vehicle manufacturers training course, as something to be aware of when : you're reprogramming volatile memories. :

Was this regarding the theory of the mechanism, if so I do accept that it can be an issue but as I said before, it will be a sign that there is something else wrong, if the drop-glass will not close correctly with the door open it's likely that the door shell/window frame is way out of alignment which needs correcting

*first* before any re-programming of the limit and anti-stall electronics.
Reply to
Jerry