Offered: 1-ton floor crane (engine hoist)

Harvey Frost 1-ton engine crane, Warrington area, not the folding type. Cheap if you can take it away in the next few days.
I could deliver locally for a few extra beer vouchers. It's a good piece of kit, but I've got a bigger one & this is in the way.
email off list if interested, removing the obvious bit from my address.
Tim
Tim Leech wrote:

Pity it's so far away
Tim Leech wrote:

Pity it's so far away
Tim Leech wrote:

Pity it's so far away

Get thee behind me Satan (unless it can reach high enough to pick the head of a milling machine...)
Mark Rand RTFM
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:35:33 +0000, Mark Rand

How high is a Chinaman?
I'll check the max lift later today.
Tim
On or around Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:35:33 +0000, Mark Rand

Mine's a bit larger as engine cranes go but we successfully lifted the student of the back of a LR 101 with it.
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:35:33 +0000, Mark Rand

With the boom fully extended (1/2 ton), the max height from the 'root' of the fixed hook to the floor is about 110". There's a removable swivel hook which is about 10" lower.
So far as I can remember, I used it to unload my Series I BOSS Bridgeport from a trailer. First we removed the head from the machine, then lifted the rest as one lump (with the aid of some creative slinging <g>
Tim

Sorry, Hope you weren't patiently waiting for me to make an offer.
I came to the conclusion that I'd do better to clear enough space that I could get the gantry crane back into the shed. Dunno when that'll happen though.
In the meantime, I've been working on the B***dy car. Which has gone from a minor brake pad replacement job to a major brake. ABS and clutch hydraulics replacement exercise. So that's been distracting me from responding :-(
Mark Rand RTFM