Offered: 1-ton floor crane (engine hoist)

Harvey Frost 1-ton engine crane, Warrington area, not the folding type. Cheap if you can take it away in the next few days. I could deliver locally for a few extra beer vouchers. It's a good piece of kit, but I've got a bigger one & this is in the way.

email off list if interested, removing the obvious bit from my address.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Pity it's so far away

Charles Ping

Pity it's so far away

Charles Ping

Pity it's so far away

Charles Ping

Get thee behind me Satan (unless it can reach high enough to pick the head of a milling machine...)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

How high is a Chinaman?

I'll check the max lift later today.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

On or around Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:35:33 +0000, Mark Rand enlightened us thusly:

Mine's a bit larger as engine cranes go but we successfully lifted the student of the back of a LR 101 with it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

With the boom fully extended (1/2 ton), the max height from the 'root' of the fixed hook to the floor is about 110". There's a removable swivel hook which is about 10" lower.

So far as I can remember, I used it to unload my Series I BOSS Bridgeport from a trailer. First we removed the head from the machine, then lifted the rest as one lump (with the aid of some creative slinging

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Sorry, Hope you weren't patiently waiting for me to make an offer.

I came to the conclusion that I'd do better to clear enough space that I could get the gantry crane back into the shed. Dunno when that'll happen though.

In the meantime, I've been working on the B***dy car. Which has gone from a minor brake pad replacement job to a major brake. ABS and clutch hydraulics replacement exercise. So that's been distracting me from responding :-(

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand