On look out for 3 Colchester Student lathes

Local college (London/Essex) is on the look out for 3 decent Colchester student lathes. This would be visually the square head 600 group style, what I would call the latest design. If anyone is in the "know", shout please. bob

Reply to
Emimec

Would Harrison do, if so contact Ian Rushton on 01902368444, he has 3 ex training machines, mention my name, Peter Colman, I have no connection. Peter

Reply to
Drawfiler

Will do, many thanks Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Most colleges will not buy those overpriced Harrisons of Peter Rushtons because they do not meet current safety standards.Nowadays the feedshafts and leadscrews have to be enclosed.Probably why the training establishment got rid in the first place. There is a college up here getting rid of all its Harrisons and Colchesters which are unguarded. Ex training school machines are not as well looked after as most people imagine.I have seen lathes that looked immaculate but were in fact write offs due to internal damage.It does not take a lot of 600 Group spares and a few hours labour to overtake the value of a small lathe. BSA Machine Tools may be worth a call.They have supplied a lot of machinery to colleges,training schools etc. Mark.

Reply to
mark