Effect of magnetism on digital devices

Could my lovely new Mitutoyo digimatic caliper be affected by proximity to a strong magnetic field - eg. magnetic chuck?

JW²

Reply to
JW²

The measurement technique is a capacitative one and should not be affected by magnetic fields. What are you observing?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thank you Bob. No problems, just a precaution.

JW²

Reply to
JW²

The jaws on mine got magnetized. I asked Mitutoyo about demagnetizing them and they said use a standard demagnetizer.

Reply to
lemel_man