Effect of magnetism on digital devices

Could my lovely new Mitutoyo digimatic caliper be affected by proximity to a strong magnetic field - eg. magnetic chuck?
JW
JW wrote:

The measurement technique is a capacitative one and should not be affected by magnetic fields. What are you observing?
Bob
On 30/06/2010 2:47 PM, Bob Minchin wrote:

Thank you Bob. No problems, just a precaution.
JW
JW wrote:

The jaws on mine got magnetized. I asked Mitutoyo about demagnetizing them and they said use a standard demagnetizer.
--
Regards, Gary Wooding
(To reply by email, change gug to goog in my address)