OT: What's at the bottom of your garden

Cross-posted to uk.rec.engines.stationary and uk.rec.models.engineering)

Got this from our friends in the USA just now, the images are fairly large and take a while to download, but very interesting and worth the wait.

It concerns an Iraqi MIG (23?) that was buried in the desert and then "rediscovered".

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Peter, should there be a link? If there was a binary attachment then BTclick would have stripped it out....

Reply to
Duncan Munro

Hmmmm, it's in the original but not on both the posts to the ng's:

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Those sandstorms are a bugger ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Gottit, although I think there's something missing ;-)

Reply to
Duncan Munro

In message , Peter A Forbes wrote

It looks like either a MIG25 (Foxbat) or the MIG31(?) that was developed from it, the Foxbat was very fast Mach 2.5 ish, not agile and with short range the 31 was I believe slightly slower could turn and had better range.

Reply to
Roger Smith

Now moved to

Tony Robinson?

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

No - I meant the flappy bits on the side that keep it up in the sky, although I concede that Tony Robinson is also not present ;-)

Reply to
Duncan Munro

You'd have to flap pretty damm hard to keep that thing up in the air :-))

Reminds me of a wry comment made by Camm or Hooker:

"Nothing comes down quicker than a vertical take-off and landing aircraft upside down" or words to that effect.

Peter

Peter A Forbes