Post Office Railway?

Now that post is not sent by rail, and all the TPOs have ceased, is the Post Office underground railway that connected all the main stations with Mount Pleasant sorting office still going?

Just an idea for some model engineering.

Reply to
invalid

No, it is no longer in use. However there is rolling stock on display at the NRM in York and also at Quainton Road, Bucks. I believe the infrastructure still exists and is mantained.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain

The Post Office has realised its mistake and is increasingly returning mail to rail.

The private underground railway has ceased to operate but I think it is still intact should sense eventually prevail.

George

Reply to
furnessvale

The mail came off the rail because it got too expensive.

I think that both sides now realise that there is some economic middle ground.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter