Progress on the workshop

After a very long layoff over the Autumn and Winter I have finally made some progress on the saga of the shed. Over the last couple of weeks I've cast the last of the walls which define the outside of the workshop floor slab. Over the weekend I fitted and mortared in the 110mm pipes that will form ducts between the pit/machine room and the workshop proper and I glued 50mm thick polystyrene foam to the walls. On Tuesday I fitted a damp proof membrane, a

100mm layer of polystyrene foam and another damp proof membrane. Today, with the aid of a lorry mounted pump, I laid 6m^3 of fibre reinforced concrete. I have a floor for my workshop, 50 weeks and 3 days after I started work :-). It still needs one more going over with the power float to finish smoothing it off, but that'll be done tomorrow.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Can't wait to see the pictures of big machines being put in place

-that will be fun!!

Regards

Kev>After a very long layoff over the Autumn and Winter I have finally made some

Reply to
kevin.newsgroups

I believe he plans to cast them in situ ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Are you on the council or did you bribe them :) i had to keep my workshop 1 metre from the boundary of the property next door. hope you tapped all the overlaps and peices together in that dpm . all the best.....another mark

Reply to
mark

We are proud of you Mark. More strength to your elbow.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Gardening is a bit overrated anyway

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

In his case, over conc-rated

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I'm just working out how far it is from my house to Mark's. If there's nuclear war I want to be in his shed.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

That's the nice thing about living in the sticks: nuclear war? What nuclear war? Foxhunting ban? What foxhunting ban?

----------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com

jrlloyd

Form an orderly queue...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

What?? Foxes In the country?? You've gotta be joking! They've all buggered off to the city (better class of takeaway, no yahoos on horseback to disturb them, etc..)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Electric? What electric ? Pedal faster Gert

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Once I have refurbished the milling machine and grinder to my satisfaction they will be bolted and grouted to the floor. The shaper, lathes and drill press will bolted down as soon as their position looks right.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

My reading of the rules said that so long as it was 30m^2 or less, 4m high or less (with a pitched roof) and constructed substantially of noncombustible materials (cement bonded particle board/PU foam sandwich, in this case), then you can build right up to the property line. So that's what the plan calls for. To be reasonable, the walls will be 75mm from the boundaries and the height will be 3.3m at the ridge.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

In article , Mark Rand writes