Far Eastern Combination Machines

I'm quite new to this and found this NG through a google search. I was looking into the prospect of buying one of these lathe/mill combo machines but as there seem to be so many similar machines on the market I was looking for a little bit of advice. Chester and Warco seem to be the main two companies with very similar products but Chesters prices seem to be more competitive so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these machines or if anyone could offer any advice.

Reply to
Trigger

A quick scoot thru' the achives at:

search on the word "Chester" and you'll have hours of reading.

Regards

Charles

Visit

free pages to buy and sell workshop equipment

Reply to
Charles Ping

The usual received wisdom is that, unless you are really strapped for space, you will be much better off buying separate machines rather than the lathe/mill combo machines. The combos tend to do neither job terribly well.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree