Proxxon problems

I have (had?) a Proxxon Precision Drill Grinder FBS230/E. I was using it to slowly cut a 3mm slot in some 1.5mm carbon fiber tube (using a new TC mill bit) when it went "pop" and stared to run rough. After some investigation it seems the motor is shot (large arcs inside). Although it's a few years old its been very little used. I'm wondering if:-

1) I was asking too much of it 2) I can get a replacement motor 3) there anything similar that will fit the 20mm Micromot collar with a bit more "oomf"

Steve

Reply to
rocketry

Find out if it has the same motor as as proxxons mini bench saw . mod KS220E

the "E" means electronic speed control

motor is a 4M-904G

.if it that ....I have one.

all the best..mark

Reply to
mark

Thanks Mark The only marking is "MABUCHI" - the body is 36mm dia and 57mm long (exlcuiding nose an tags) - its the standard sized motor use in model racing cars etc. - but its wound for about 200Volt DC. The commutator has about 12 positions.

Steve

Reply to
rocketry

The one I have is made by Matsushita

Is about 100mmm long and 50mm across its smallest dimater...circular with flats ,.

220 volts AC

and it amazingly has a rpm of 8000.

It wont do by, the look of things..

all the best...mark