Quiet here?

Unless my ISP newserver is playing up, I've not seen any posts here for 2-3 days?? Bob

Quiet but not *that* quiet, there must be something amiss. Four or five posts yesterday, including my own. I'm using google just at the moment, my main PC with Agent etc is still very poorly, hoping to get time for another play with it this weekend. If you think your IS is playing up, have a look on Google groups.
This Ng, like a couple of other Usenet groups I follow, seems to be getting generally quieter. In other cases it's because people are migrating towards moderated boards, but I'm not aware of any UK- centred model or home workshop oriented groups which are active enough to take traffic away from here - or am I missing something?
Tim
On 21 Mar, 10:41, snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com wrote:

one thing I find with the US boards is you can pose a question, go to bed and the yanks will spend all night working out the solution for you :)
Ive not found a UK board, but most of the regulars here do seem to hang out at Home shop machinist, practical machinist and home model engine boards.
Dave
On 21 Mar, 10:41, snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com wrote:

I'm also reading and posting on Google Problem I have with Agent is it can find this group and read it but when i try to post it says this group isn't supported ? unless that's Virgin that's not supporting it ?
John S.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 05:33:24 -0700 (PDT), John S

That'll be Virgin...I am using Agent to post and read on the group, but the host system I uae is
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 05:33:24 -0700 (PDT), John S

That'll be a problem with Virgin...I am using Agent to post and read on the group, but the host system I use is news.datemas.de
Regards, Tony

I also use Agent but use news.individual.net costs a liitle but NO spam and no binaries. Astraweb is the best and one of the cheapest for binaries. I have Virgin as main server then Astraweb as top up. If one does not get it the other will!
I am not a fan of "Forums" I far prefer usenet and email type groups.
Richard

cheapest ...why the hell pay ...
is there something else to these news groups worth paying for ?
all the best.markj
John S wrote:

I read the group with Moz. Thunderbird through Virgin - no problems here.
John

I use OE and ntlworld/virgin and look every day without a problem Henry
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 05:33:24 -0700 (PDT), John S

That would be Virgin, John, I also use agent (on BT) and have no problems.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

But.... seeing Dragon's later post, it must be another factor. If he can get the Usenet groups through Virgin (assuming he isn't going through another web access point) then you should be able to as well.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

If you're reading this then it comes to you courtesy of news.virginmedia.com
Julian.

Mebbe it's due to the ISPs slowly dropping support for Usenet, now that Yahoo Groups and Blogs are holding their sway?
Dunno what the reason is, but I've had nothing at all (on Toucan=Tiscali now Pipex) for the last week!! so I've given up and paid my Eur5 for datemas and here it all is!
Richard
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:53:47 -0000, "Alun"