radiospares get a corporate "makeover"

Like me you must be old enough to remember the days when RS Components were called Radiospares and the catalogue was about A5 size, 1/8 in. thick and came with a bit of string to hang it up by the workbench.

Imagine my surprise when I moved to France and discovered that the french RS Components is actually called Radiospares.

Russell.

Reply to
russell eberhardt

Anyone visited the RS website recently?

Electrocomponents, who own them (or some greasy little nerd, like me) seem to have broken things to that all links to the RS website now point to the Electrocomponents home page.

Bang goes that potential order :-(

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Priceless!!!

You follow the links to the UK site...rswww.com... and hey presto - you're back at the Electrocomponents webpage! The perfect web implementationm of a revolving door...

I suspect this will get fixed real fast when the orders stop getting through.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Aaaarrrrgghhhhh!!

Good job there's still the catalogues

Mind you, there is now a surcharge of £3.50 as well if ordering below £20, got the letter through about 2 weeks ago.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

What a mistaka to maka! Someone got their links crossed.

I should think someone might be looking for a new job at the business that must be costing.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

AT least they may fix this one. Since their last 'update' printing off your order after after placing it has been impossible - unless you have IE :( So now I have crappy text emails in the order file, rather than the nice tidy screen dumps from the previous years ;) Progress is only backwards :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

There'll be jobs going at Farnell at this rate. I got called back into work cos they were busy

(something wrong with the RS website :.))

Reply to
bigegg

A complete f... up, it worked OK at 5pm today.

Exactly. Here's hoping they fix it before Monday morning.

Regards,

Reply to
Duncan Munro

Anyone tried giving their customer services some earache?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Called them this morning, the site is undergoing changes and will be back online tomorrow.

They say that it was advertised last week, but their own technical guys didn't know....

Peter

Peter A Forbes

On or around Fri, 03 Nov 2006 22:08:36 +0000, Peter Neill enlightened us thusly:

buy from rapid electronics or farnell instead?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 03 Nov 2006 23:36:46 +0000, bigegg enlightened us thusly:

wot a surprise...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Be fair. I think that it was, in fact, Quarto sized :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Does not apply to web orders - only phone/mail get the surcharge.

Spod

Reply to
Spod

In message , Mike Whittome writes

All up and running properly again this morning (Monday)!!!!!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Actually they were back up Saturday night - THEN I found the small note about it going to be off-line from 8PM Friday ;)

Reply to
Lester Caine