Bizarre, challenging identification problem

Some of you seem to know quite a bit about various different models... This one's stumping me right now because my home is in such disarray I can't find the actual issue in question

at RCM's website, the image that links to their back-issues page is the image of a particular issue cover that i'm interested in.

for those that need a link

The image is really small - i can't make out which issue it is, but the plane is what I'm after. I *have* the issue. somewhere in the various stacks of stuff scattered around my home... I figured i'd turn to you guys for help before i actually get around to cleaning though -- Can anyone identify the plane on that cover? it might help to blow it up a tad in an imaging program, it becomes a little more distinct with a bit of enlargement

From what I remember, the issue in question should be in the 1998-2000 range (maybe 2001 but probly not). The issue never had an article on the plane pictured on the cover, but had a very brief blurb about it in the TOC section where they always give credits for their covers. Here's where my memory starts to fail me - the plane's name started with a Q and had some sort of number after the Q, but i can't remember how many digits or what the number was

I suppose it's possible this was a custom plane and had some sort of custom name. In either case I would love to get my hands on the plans for this guy and build my own, the thing's absolutely gorgeous -- perhaps if it's unique or rare i can contact the builder to find out more information (the builder's name was in the credits section as well, though tracking them down may not be easy)

Thanks in advance for any help your marvelous minds can offer =)

-- Ray

Reply to
Rayanth Drygu

Naturally it looks like something decided to fubar the link in that last post - another way to get there (Aside from copy/piece/pasting the link back together) is to got RCM's main page (rcmmagazine.com) and click the RCM Store link at the very bottom of the front page. the image is under Back Issues

-- Ray

ore/rcm-store.html for those that need a link

Reply to
Rayanth Drygu

You're right, the model in that picture looks pretty hot! The plane's not bad either.....

:)

George

> ore/rcm-store.html for those that need a link

Reply to
George Ball

"> You're right, the model in that picture looks pretty hot! The plane's not

i think it is a "Prather Little Toni"

they used to be used for "f1" pylon racing

think it is right?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca

Reply to
ed

I think you've nailed it, Ed...after some more research i've found several images on different sites that point at the little toni being a rather popular plane for that class.. Thanks everyone for the info! looks like I've still a lot to learn =)

I think for now I'm mostly interested in this hobby for building and not quite so much for flying - while i still enjoy the flying aspect, until i'm good at it, i'm just afraid of wreckign something i've put all my hard work into =)

Out of curiosity though, are there any turbine flyers on this list?

-- Ray

Reply to
Rayanth Drygu