Hardinge Mandrel nose taper

I have recently inherited the old man's Hardinge DV59. He never got to the point of using it, but I thought it would eventually make a good CNC conversion project ( _much_ more work than starting with an HLV-H, but I'm not in a hurry).

The problem is that, Whilst I am equipped with 5C collets, I do not have any Hardinge taper chucks or driving plates. I would be happy to buy them from the UK Hardinge distributors if I thought that I could afford them and I would be happier still if the normal sources of machine tools sold hardinge taper stuff. In the absence of those options I will probably go for machining backplates for chucks and casting my own faceplates etc.

Now for the question... Does anyone know what the specification for the Hardinge spindle tapers is? I have not been to find any information yet.

TIA

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand