Seeking good home for old mechanical stuff

Hi all a family relative has died recently and left a garage full of ... stuff.

This consists of a large mixture of tools, fixtures and fittings, acquired, made or (possibly) bought over a lifetime of working in the British automotive industry, man and boy. I'm talking about imperial nuts & screws, other fixings, Allen keys, taps & dies, cramps, screwdrivers and files, sheet materials, ... all sorts.

Some of this will be passed on to descendants etc., but a large part of it just won't be of use to us. I hesitate to either just get scrap value for it, or take it to the skip, as I'd like to think that things like the imperial fixings would be of use to someone.

I'm basically looking for ideas as to where I might find a good home for this stuff. Suggestions very welcome...

Thanks J^n

Reply to
Jon Nicoll

Imperial stuff, as in BSF, BSW etc is still widely used by both old car types and various "model engineering" types.

The easiest way is probably to take a load of photos and use

to post some free ads. Alternatively you've got the world of Ebay. Rather annoyingly there isn't really a single decent place that old car people congregate online.

I certainly hoard BSF and whitworth fixings and taps/dies - you can't just nip to Homebase of you're missing one on a Sunday afternoon

Charles

Reply to
Charles