Short contract work for a machinist

I'm looking to hire someone to build an aluminium part for me. It's engineering drawings are here:

You should have access to your own machine tools and source the aluminium billets yourself. Four identical copies of this part are needed.

Please send me an email or reply in the thread if you are interested in the job.

I will pay by an initial cheque in the post, with the full amount paid upon satisfactory completion of the work by cheque or electronic transfer. A quote and countersigned contract will be needed.

Thanks, Boffin

Reply to
Boffin

Nice simple part,but,needs some tolerances added.And hole diameters wouldn`t go amiss.Bitter experience has taught me never to take on a job without tolerances.You can be arguing until the cows come home. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Worst tolerance +/- 0.5mm. Otherwise say +/- 0.2mm or better.

I will negotiate tolerances or any other aspect if it will lower costs, e.g. off-cuts of billets you have in stock. The central bit is basically supposed to accept a 51x51mm plate with sharp square edges, with some flexibility on future dimensions through buffering material around the side.

The design has two planes of symmetry.

Hole diameters should fit a 10mm hex bolt tightly.

Thanks.

Reply to
Boffin

First of all I don`t want the job,I`m just pointing out things that you need to be aware of in order to get a quote that means anything. Engineers don`t like statements like "hole diameters should fit a 10mm hex bolt tightly". That is because your 10mm bolt could well be a different diameter from mine.In fact it could possibly measure anything between 9.75-10.25mm.

Reply to
mark