Sinker EDM

Does anyone have any good references for sinker EDM? I don't know much of anything about it, so a beginner book would be good.

Especially interested in doing it yourself - currents and waveforms, liquids, dies, and so on.

Thanks,

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Ben Fleming does a PCB and book you may want to join

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

OELHELD publish a good booklet on EDM (They supply dielectric oils):

A quick glance only showed the Dutch version but the English one is there somewhere!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks a lot, very useful indeed!

I also had a look at the group Richard mentioned, but it doesn't seem very nice, and it's about a particular type of machine, as described in two expensive books...

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Op 13-1-2013, heeft Andrew Mawson verondersteld :

That is German, not Dutch..! The book is $30,- shipped anywhere.

I am still in the proces building it.

Reply to
Dirk

It's alright, even if it's German all you have to do is speak slowly and LOUDLY and they usually understand.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson