Oil points

What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball bearing in them and where do you get them?

If they are shaped to clip into an oil pump nozzle they are called nipples, and can be bought. I don't know the name of the others which are not so shaped and are almost flush with the surface they are set in, though I have made a few for my Myford ML7.
Cliff Coggin.

Do you mean 'grease nipples'? Arc Euro Trade have them.
Don
--
Brassman

On ebay, 271124876790.
Is that what you mean? Lousy picture though.
Steve
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:53:06 AM UTC, F Murtz wrote:

If you are looking to buy and are going to the London Model Engineering exhibition this guy is listed as being there.
http://www.bbengineeringsupplies.co.uk/page.asp?pID=1
I bought the oilers you describe from him at the ME exhibition in November. He has a wide selection of hard to find bits and bobs.
No connection apart from being a satisfied customer who would like to see a useful business stay in business.
John H
John H wrote:

The trouble is that his web pages are empty and I can not find any of his stock.
On Sunday, 6 January 2013 04:53:06 UTC, F Murtz wrote:

If you click on the ebay link it takes you to his ebay shop which has the oilers on the list on the left
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Then you click on the oilers and get nothing but a page which shows no oilers . There is a search facility that asks for part nos but that is no use.
F Murtz wrote:

Also try clicking on the grommet page, you get only one graphic the rest say waiting, if you click on the one graphic you get a page saying Grommets all sizes. That is it.
On Monday, January 7, 2013 9:43:24 AM UTC, F Murtz wrote:
Murtz wrote: >> What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes e tc with a ball >> >> bearing in them and where do you get them? > > If you click on the ebay link it takes you to his ebay shop which has the oilers o n the list on the left Then you click on the oilers and get nothing but a p age which shows no oilers . There is a search facility that asks for part n os but that is no use.
I've never tried to buy anything off the web site, always at exhibitions wh ere I can look at the stock before buying.
John H
On 07/01/13 07:39, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

ebay link?
--Peter F