Oil points

What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball bearing in them and where do you get them?

Reply to
F Murtz

If they are shaped to clip into an oil pump nozzle they are called nipples, and can be bought. I don't know the name of the others which are not so shaped and are almost flush with the surface they are set in, though I have made a few for my Myford ML7.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Do you mean 'grease nipples'? Arc Euro Trade have them.

Don

Reply to
Brassman

On ebay, 271124876790.

Is that what you mean? Lousy picture though.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

bearing in them and where do you get them?

If you are looking to buy and are going to the London Model Engineering exhibition this guy is listed as being there.

I bought the oilers you describe from him at the ME exhibition in November. He has a wide selection of hard to find bits and bobs.

No connection apart from being a satisfied customer who would like to see a useful business stay in business.

John H

Reply to
John H

bearing in them and where do you get them?

exhibition this guy is listed as being there.

has a wide selection of hard to find bits and bobs.

useful business stay in business.

The trouble is that his web pages are empty and I can not find any of his stock.

Reply to
F Murtz

If you click on the ebay link it takes you to his ebay shop which has the oilers on the list on the left

Reply to
grahamttmn

oilers on the list on the left

Then you click on the oilers and get nothing but a page which shows no oilers . There is a search facility that asks for part nos but that is no use.

Reply to
F Murtz

Also try clicking on the grommet page, you get only one graphic the rest say waiting, if you click on the one graphic you get a page saying Grommets all sizes. That is it.

Reply to
F Murtz

oilers on the list on the left

ebay link?

--Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Murtz wrote: >> What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes e tc with a ball >> >> bearing in them and where do you get them? > > If you click on the ebay link it takes you to his ebay shop which has the oilers o n the list on the left Then you click on the oilers and get nothing but a p age which shows no oilers . There is a search facility that asks for part n os but that is no use.

I've never tried to buy anything off the web site, always at exhibitions wh ere I can look at the stock before buying.

John H

Reply to
John H

Could they be button oilers which look a bit like like those on my Boxford AUD and are available from RDG either

or on ebay as in item no 370378725877

Reply to
Andy Parker