(slightly OT) copper disc source?

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:58:42 +0100, Roland Craven wrote

My perforated double-skin steel heat diffuser cost me about 4 five years ago and is still going strong.

I was going to say the same thing. But they get rusty. Given the relatively low price of chinese stainless (e.g. collanders) it's a shame they don't make a stainless one.

Why not just bite the bullet, and buy a new set of stainless steel cookware, with a copper plate on the bottom? A few years ago, I did just that. A discontinued set was found at a substantial discount for a bit over 200 dollars CDN, or about 100 quid. Well worth it too! I got 40 years of daily use out of the last ones.
Steve R.
--
Reply address munged to bugger up spammers

Steve R. wrote:

One can do even better; copper cookware (not just a base plate) with a stainless steel lining (not the traditional, and has-to-be-renewed tinning).
One might alternatively view this as a stainless steel item with a head conductive cladding.
But they're "a little" pricy for me.
http://www.metrokitchen.com/mauviel /
BugBear
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:21:18 +0100, bugbear wrote:

Why make one when there are commercial ones available at only a few pounds.
Have a look in John Lewis, Debenhams etc.
--
Neil
reverse ra and delete l