Small lathe information required

I have just purchased a small second hand model engineers/ watch makers lathe and i am trying to find some information on it

I have puct some pictures and what infor i do have online at

If anyone has any information I would be very grateful if they could leave a message here or by e-mail

Reply to
Alan

have a look at

it might have been an instrument makers or watch makers lath. if th thread that holds the chuck on is metric it is not british. unima lathes had a 14mm thread if i remember back.the shaft on the left look to have held gears or something via a woodruffe key so could have bee for screwcutting

i think hopzaffle,lorch,boley made precision lathes and tyzack also you could try under those names first

let us know how you get on

-- bolma

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:

this thread:

bolmas

Wrong (I think). Have a look at the Perris page :-

I understand that Cowells and Simat are from the same 'family' of lathes, though what the relationship is I'm not sure.

Neil Barnes

Many Thanks Guys for all your input both here and by e-mail,

For those of you that are interested it is a 'Perris' lathe which was apparently availiable as a kit with many optional extras which i will be trying to find a few but i have also been told that parts from Cowells and Unimat may also fit so i will be looking at these as well.

I will try to update my website with what i find out if anyone is interested.

Alan

Reply to
Alan