Some Free Stuff, Some Cheap Stuff

I need to make some storage space to move things into as part of the ongoing clear-up from my previous flood, and hence need to shift some
gear. Some of its free, the rest is cheap, but it's all collect only from Suffolk unless we can organise transport through the NG.
Free Stuff:
Motor - Brook Crompton 3-phase 1/3rd HP for resilient mounting, 5/8" shaft Motor - Chinese 3/4Hp motor as fitted to 920 type lathe (2-off) 14mm shaft Sharp Desktop A4 Photocopier + new boxed toner cartridge BT response 20 Answerphone All above have been sitting around for more than a few months so no guarantee as to their condition.
2 x precision linear slide tables with encoders & ball screws/steppers, ca 500mm long x 180mm wide with power supply & controller box - these were obtained free from Nigel Clliffe on the NG a few months ago, but have had a little bit of a soaking! I've offered Charles Ping 1st refusal as he was after these too, but I beat him to it at the time. Ideal project material.
Cheap Stuff:
Chesterman 26"/660mm Vernier height gauges - boxed -, graduated in metric and imperial. Got 2 of these at 20 each
Moore & Wright inside micrometer 8" - 32" with demountable extension pieces boxed, 10
Draper depth Micrometer, 0 - 150mm, boxed, 5
LS Starrett Depth Mic, imperial, boxed, 5" & 6" rods missing, 5
Mitutoyo precision calibrated ring gauges, 2.5", 3", 5". Actually the sizes as marked are a gnats under this to about 5 decimal places. These are ideal for using as a check standard for your measuring instruments or DRO on the mill. Heavy - 5 for the lot.
CE Johansen Mikrokator Comparator on original cast iron bench stand with anvil & leadscrew height adjustment.. Measures to 1 micron (0.001mm) with a range of +/- 30 microns. A complete bargain at 50. Heavy & collection definitely recommended.
Ionised airgun - model 4100 from fraser antistatic. Attach to appropriate power supply and air supply to eliminate static. Brand new, 20.
Peter

If this hasn't already gone, I'd like it please?
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:37:47 +0000, Peter A Forbes

No problem Peter, its yours.
Peter

Many thanks, drop me a postal address and I'll get a cheque off to you on Monday. betetr think about postage as well unless it can come over by 'carrier'.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:40:51 +0000, Peter Neill

Bollocks.
. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:39:57 GMT, John Stevenson
Is that what it is used for? I often wondered..... :-))
If you have an immediate need for it, John, I'd be happy for you to take it over.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
Hi Peter,
I be interested in one of these:

if they are 240v.
and this:

Cheers,
Zed
On 11 Nov 2006 05:50:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yup, they're both 240v, above items now earmarked for you. I should have mentioned that the motors will need starting capacitors to run them, but I have an old one to get the spec from.
Peter
Peter,
That is ver' good of you.
To be even more cheeky, my girlfiend is currently in Suffolk (today). I have sent you an email with my mobile number on. Could you give me an shout?
Cheers,
Zed
Peter Neill wrote:

One height gauge and linear slides now spoken for.
Peter

Could I have the other height gauge please ?
-adrian
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:46:25 +0000, Adrian Godwin

Done.
Peter
Peter Neill wrote:

Peter, I would be interested in the 1/3 hp motor if it's still available.
Duncan Munro
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:21:08 +0000, Duncan Munro

No problem Duncan, its yours.
Peter
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:33:08 +0000, Peter Neill

Can I have these please?
Ta
Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:43:38 +0000, Tim Leech

Done. Just checked them again and I got it slightly wrong before, the actual calibrated sizes are 74.996mm/89.989mm/125.002mm if this is still ok?
We'll have to start arranging some NG transport soon:) Anyone heading from Suffolk to all points North?
Peter
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:17:25 +0000, Peter Neill

Yes, not quite as handy but should still be useful.
Many thanks Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:33:08 +0000, Peter Neill

All motors now spoken for.
Peter
Peter Neill wrote:

Peter,
Thanks for the motor and a pleasure to put another face to a name!
--
Duncan Munro
http://www.duncanamps.co.uk/metal /