Some Free Stuff, Some Cheap Stuff

I need to make some storage space to move things into as part of the
ongoing clear-up from my previous flood, and hence need to shift some
gear.
Some of its free, the rest is cheap, but it's all collect only from
Suffolk unless we can organise transport through the NG.
Free Stuff:
Motor - Brook Crompton 3-phase 1/3rd HP for resilient mounting, 5/8"
shaft
Motor - Chinese 3/4Hp motor as fitted to 920 type lathe (2-off) 14mm
shaft
Sharp Desktop A4 Photocopier + new boxed toner cartridge
BT response 20 Answerphone
All above have been sitting around for more than a few months so no
guarantee as to their condition.
2 x precision linear slide tables with encoders & ball
screws/steppers, ca 500mm long x 180mm wide with power supply &
controller box - these were obtained free from Nigel Clliffe on the NG
a few months ago, but have had a little bit of a soaking!
I've offered Charles Ping 1st refusal as he was after these too, but I
beat him to it at the time. Ideal project material.
Cheap Stuff:
Chesterman 26"/660mm Vernier height gauges - boxed -, graduated in
metric and imperial. Got 2 of these at £20 each
Moore & Wright inside micrometer 8" - 32" with demountable extension
pieces boxed, £10
Draper depth Micrometer, 0 - 150mm, boxed, £5
LS Starrett Depth Mic, imperial, boxed, 5" & 6" rods missing, £5
Mitutoyo precision calibrated ring gauges, 2.5", 3", 5". Actually the
sizes as marked are a gnats under this to about 5 decimal places.
These are ideal for using as a check standard for your measuring
instruments or DRO on the mill.
Heavy - £5 for the lot.
CE Johansen Mikrokator Comparator on original cast iron bench stand
with anvil & leadscrew height adjustment..
Measures to 1 micron (0.001mm) with a range of +/- 30 microns.
A complete bargain at £50.
Heavy & collection definitely recommended.
Ionised airgun - model 4100 from fraser antistatic. Attach to
appropriate power supply and air supply to eliminate static. Brand
new, £20.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
If this hasn't already gone, I'd like it please?
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
No problem Peter, its yours.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Many thanks, drop me a postal address and I'll get a cheque off to you on Monday. betetr think about postage as well unless it can come over by 'carrier'.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
Bollocks.
. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
Hi Peter,
I be interested in one of these:
if they are 240v.
and this: =20
Cheers,
Zed
Reply to
zedbert
Yup, they're both 240v, above items now earmarked for you. I should have mentioned that the motors will need starting capacitors to run them, but I have an old one to get the spec from.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
One height gauge and linear slides now spoken for.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Peter, I would be interested in the 1/3 hp motor if it's still available.
Duncan Munro
Reply to
Duncan Munro
Peter,
That is ver' good of you.
To be even more cheeky, my girlfiend is currently in Suffolk (today). I have sent you an email with my mobile number on. Could you give me an shout?
Cheers,
Zed
Peter Neill wrote:
Reply to
zedbert
No problem Duncan, its yours.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Is that what it is used for? I often wondered..... :-))
If you have an immediate need for it, John, I'd be happy for you to take it over.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
Can I have these please?
Ta
Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
Done. Just checked them again and I got it slightly wrong before, the actual calibrated sizes are 74.996mm/89.989mm/125.002mm if this is still ok?
We'll have to start arranging some NG transport soon:) Anyone heading from Suffolk to all points North?
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Yes, not quite as handy but should still be useful.
Many thanks Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
All motors now spoken for.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Could I have the other height gauge please ?
-adrian
Reply to
Adrian Godwin
Done.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Peter,
Thanks for the motor and a pleasure to put another face to a name!
Reply to
Duncan Munro
Hi Peter,
Would tomorrow be OK for colleciton?
Just to be clear, I am only interested in one of the 920 motors.
If tomorrow is OK, I shall be coming from Suffolk to Milton Keynes if that's any help to anyone else.
Cheers,
Zed
Duncan Munro wrote:
Reply to