spring ball transfer unit?

Hello there,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help. I am looking for wha I think is called a ball transfer unit (sprung one). See in this image the small sprung ball which follows the shaft shape: [image:

I am looking for one just like it. Do they go by another name? All can find is a heavy duty btu from RS components that needs 32kg to mov

2mm. Cheers, milgo

-- milg

----------------------------------------------------------------------- milgo's Profile:

this thread:

milgo

I may be wrong here but is it just the thing up a bit from centre in the picture, looks a bit like the old fashioned ball catch as used on doors at one time.

I would have thought you could make one to suit using a bar bored out, spring and ball bearing, A drift being used to knock over the end so the ball will not fall out.

Trying to figure what the whole device is and looks like some form of positional controller?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

It's a sprung detent ball assy, not the sort of thing that is regularly sold over the counter, but a bearing dealer 'might' have a lead on this sort of device?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Look for WDS606 at

HTH Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

thanks, but i found what it was. Called a spring plunger. It is

h-pattern shifter used for racing sims, so you were right basically

-- milg

this thread:

milgo

That wds site is pretty good. I already ordered a pack from rswww.com

had to get 10, But they were only £12 so not too bad

-- milg

this thread:

milgo