Stuart 10 mishap

Hi all

I'm in need of a Stuart 10 standard/trunk guide casting.

I had a slight disaster when machining the cylinder flange with the casting set up on the faceplate. The tool dug in and the net result was broken feet on the casting. Entirely my own fault of course. My little Chinese lathe isn't exactly rigid and I tried to get too far under the skin in one pass. After that experience I managed the second casting OK (I'm building a D10).

Anyway, before I contact Stuart themselves I thought I'd see if anyone on the newsgroup had an odd casting in their junk box. I'd be happy to pay any reasonable amount for one (or even two!). Come to that any bits of the casting set might be a good idea to save me appealing again when I b****r another item.

As you may have gathered, I'm very much learning the hard way!!

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Guy

Reply to