Suds pump

Some time ago I asked this group for help in purchasing/making a cheap and cheerful suds pump. Many thanks to those who responded.

I now have it up and running. The pump and tank came from a BMW and cost 99p from a car breaker. The PSU came from the junk box and is variable between 3v and 12v - 3v gives a dribble and 12v washes the workshop walls.

hth

Reply to
Sandy Morton

On or around Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:04:58 +0100, Sandy Morton enlightened us thusly:

I used a spare 12V fuel pump linked to an elcheapo battery charger with a fat capacitor from a dead computer to even out the supply. The battery charger is wired in parellel with the lathe motor, and thus the pump is alive all the time the lathe is running. there's a tap in the delivery line to shut off the flow of coolant.

Reply to
Austin Shackles