Tailstock slipping

The tailstock on my Myford super 7, is slipping during turning & knurling etc. Any suggestions on how to stop it ? I have cleaned the tailstock and lathe bed but it makes no difference.

Reply to
Paul A Prescott

It's been a good few years since I owned a Super 7, but I think the tailstock is locked with an inverted T piece that sits under the bed, operated via a cam and lever on the tailstock. There should be an adjusting nut under the T piece - slip the tailstock off, turn it over and have a peek. Half a turn on the nut should be more than enough to ensure it locks tight.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

That has helped - but not solved the problem completely. I think that the eccentric cam is worn and when I have a moment will strip it down to check.

Paul

Reply to
Paul A Prescott