TAP & Die

I would like to try and make some turnbuckles for my RC car and have been looking at TAP and DIE sets. Problem I have is I need to create left handed threads and I have not seen any sets that have dies for left handed threads. Can anybody point me to somewhere that can supply these? I'm not looking for expensive sets as I'm doing this out of interest and will not be making a vast quantity of these.

thanks

Gav

Reply to
Gav

Try

Duncan Munro

Keep an eye open on Ebay - there's often LH stuff listed.

MARK

Reply to
Mark Pinkney

Gav queries ...........

Gav,

Have you thought of using two right-hand threads, but of different pitches? 32tpi and 40 tpi, for instance, give an advance of just six and a quarter thou' per turn.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome