Tensile strength tester

Anyone got a machine for testing tensile strength? Could they test something for me? Beer money available.
Thanks,
--Peter Fairbrother

On or around Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:15:46 +0100, Peter Fairbrother

I've got a range rover, if you could fix the other end to the house...:-)
Peter
I have access to a small, teaching style, tensometer. What do you wish to test, can it be posted to me in Fareham, Hants?
Toby

Toby wrote:

It will be a sample of a material I'm developing for use in high pressure hot oxygen for rocket engines.
(I finally got the explosives licensing sorted today! Yippee! :) I have to say that both the Wiltshire Police especially, and also the HSE, were very helpful, no "jobsworth"-ing, which was extra-good as neither had come across the situation before)
I haven't made the sample yet, what size and shape would be good? Expected yield strength will be around 300 MPa / 40 ksi, but this is no more than a guess. It's a near-net-shape technology [1], and a pig to machine, so I'll have to make a sample especially. As small as practicable please, as it's kinda expensive (ouch).
Posting is no problem. It will take a week or so to make a sample once I know the size and shape needed.
[1] I will give details eventually, but not now, it's still in development. Not very useful unless you want to work in hot HP oxygen though.
Thanks,
-- Peter

Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Many of the Uni's and even some colleges have them. Maybe even try Lloyd Instruments down at Southampton way. I used to have contacts there but been out of that game a while now.
Wayne....