Threading question

This may sound a bit of a numb question,but.... I have just

Reply to
grumpyat

This is the the 14th identical posting and it has FIVE stars for quality.

Anyone else wish to comment?

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

It's grow'ed like the Lambton Worm. Wish laaads had yer gobs a'll tell yer aal an aerful story

Well, really chaps!

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

In message , snipped-for-privacy@eanx100.co.uk writes

Hit "enter" too early??

Reply to
Pat Martindale

Lost the thread, Eh?

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Does anyone know where he lives? I fear he has expired on the keyboard.

Reply to
Alister Nicholls

More than likely he is trying to be clever and creating a long thread? Is it half term yet?

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

I reckon that he wants to be the new Snozzle Durante and be the 'Man who found the Lost Chord' Have I scored? Or perhaps he is 'Half Nuts' said he Clasping his hands.

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

C'mon, guys - he just has a mild stutter.

Nothing wrong with that.

Odie

Reply to
Odie Ferrous

They don't have terms in playschool.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Many thanks for all you comments / suggestions. I will treat them with the contempt that they so richly deserve. I have no idea what happened, but I cannot post 14 times in 1 minute...PC error mayhap? Cannot remove them though Anyway now to my original question

This may sound a bit of a numb question,but.... I have just received another box of bits to go with the Viceroy I was given last year. Includes chucks, dial gauges, tooling, grease guns etc. {more boxes come to light the deeper the shed is explored!!}. Anyway, one of the items is a Tailstock die holder. Takes 2 sizes of die [boxes of dies as well, he he he ] Question, this is where it may sound numb, do I use the lathe in back gear at slowest speed? do I hold the side handle or let it rest against the bed? Just seems to me that there may be 'quite a lot of torque' when lathe is running if I have got hold of the side arm!

Many thanks

Reply to
grumpyat

Sincere apology from me for jumping to a wrong conclusion. I'll let the experts answer you query.

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

Use by hand - it's just there to keep things in line.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

then turn chuck back half a turn and repeat? or do I rest the arm against the bed and turn chuck by hand? I know it sounds dumb but I really cannot get my head around it! Many thanks

also...any clues how I can remove my erroneous posts? Ta!!

Reply to
grumpyat

Chuck, tap and die!

(A precis as I got blasted for rambling!)

Have fun

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Either rest the arm against the bed and turn the chuck by hand, or hold the chuck and turn the arm. Six or half a dozen, how you do it. Main thing is you still cut the threads manually, as Charles said, it's just a method of holding the die inline.

As for the extra posts, even if you can delete them of the original server, they'll probably remain on numerous other ones. I wouldn't worry about them.

Reply to
moray

No Can Do. Sorry...they are out there for the duration.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

What Newsreader are you using?

Reply to
Steve

Google Groups? or am I [and I hate to say it] on the wrong thread??

Reply to
grumpyat

I think so - Google just nick our posts off UseNet and make them available on the Web. Access is slicker using a NewsReader designed to access UseNet. There is one built into Outlook Express you can play with to see the difference, but there are better ones around.

Reply to
Steve