Help with Myford chuck

I have just bought a used Myford and the 3 jaw chuck is missing one of the outside jaws.It is a 4" chuck I think.
I can't find a name on the chuck, the jaws have 838 stamped on them in addition to the number.
Is it possible to buy replacement jaws, or do I need a whole new chuck?
--
daedaluscan
You can buy sets of blank jaws here http://www.cromwell.co.uk/static/publication/54-old/pages/365.pdf and grind then in situ to be concentric in your chuck body. The 838 is simply an arbitary number to match the set of jaws at manufacture.
daedaluscan wrote:

Sorry to be slow, but I couldnt really understand your proposal. How to I know that the jaws will fit? I really want a set of outside regular jaws. Is there a standard? I assume the chuck came with the lathe, but the lathe is from about 1949 if the serial numbers are correct.
Charlie
--
daedaluscan