Where can I mill and turn?

I thought I'd ask you fellahs for a bit of advice.

I'm currently restoring a 1969 BSA (B44VS for those interested) but I plan to make one or two modifications to incorporate later and better parts. For this, however, I need to get access to a miller, and a surface grinder might come in handy too.

I used to be a toolmaker so I'm happy using these machines, but it's not worth me buying such equipment for the few jobs I want to do. I don't know anyone with a workshop, so what is my best way of getting access to machine tools? Do FE colleges run courses which I might be able to use to get access to lathes/milles/grinders?

I'm in Bradford, West Yorks

tia

Antony

Reply to
antony.adshead

Your local FE will have an adult education centre with a list of all th

participating activities.

You may find that the course willl be described as Basic Metalwork Artistic Metalwork, Workshop practices or even CNC Modelmaking but wil often give you access to the workshops.

Mind you, the Learning Skills Council who controls many of the F facilities have been shutting down these activities in many area because they cannot award a certificate. If they cannot award certificate the FE doesn't seem to be doing so well on the Target lis and as we know, how you appear to be doing is far more important tha what you are actually doing.

They would far rather shut down engineering workshops than have the used

-- rss

this thread:

rsss