where did all the locos go?

I've just been reading a pile of Model Engineers from the 1950's.
It appears that EVERYBODY (well, every model engineer)
built at least one person-hauling model locomotive, and that every ME club had (or aspired to) a circuit.
Even some induividuals had a garden track to run their locomotives (note plural) on.
Further every club had regular activity, setting up track at fetes etc, and hauling kids for charity.
So what happened to all that ... stuff ?
BugBear
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:52:46 +0100, bugbear wrote:

I suspect Health and Safety and Insurance.
--
Regards - Rodney Pont
Why not come along to St Albans Model Engineering Society's Annual exhibition at Francis Bacon School, St Albans - 27th/29th Sept 2008 and see for yourself....

s wrote:

If the answer is "to the scrap yard" it wouldn't be a good use of my time :-)
I suspect your implication is otherwise, but st Albans is a (too)long drive for me.
Nice woodcarving in the cathedral though, and the hallowed Salaman tool collection in the museum.
BugBear
bugbear wrote:

Take a look here... http://www.coventrymes.co.uk /
--
Regards, Gary Wooding
Gary Wooding wrote:

So - they've all been sent to Coventry?
BugBear
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:03:54 +0100, bugbear

Looks like they've gone loco...
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

Ah - they're in Mexico !