Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Viceroy surfacing gears problem
I have come to the first real "nasty" on my lathe. The surfacing gearing and engagement bracket are "Knackered"? Pics on The Engagement assembly is shown on and The bearing bores to the surfacing...
2
2

Sprayed foam insulation
Has anyone had any experience of sprayed polyurathane foam insulation in buildings? I need to insulate a building (roof & walls) that will be my workshop. Roof is brand new fibre reinforced corrugated...
10
10

Camlock pins
Hello All, First, does anyone know the correct term for Camlock pins? Or is it Camlock studs? Or something else? Second, where might I purchase a set of D1-3 ones, with IMPERIAL (7/16" x 20tpi)...
1
1

Informative website to recommend
Came across this while surfing. design aircraft engines and gearboxes. The site has a very extensive list of technical articles on mechanical basics, engine theory, gearbox and bearing design and...
2
2

A very impressive workshop!
Someone just put this link on the d-i-y forum but it's probably more interesting to this group: mpressive! Dave http://www.cylinderheadshop.co.uk/myslide.htmlVery
15
15

Drawbar thread
Hi, I am new to model engineering, apart from some lathe practice at school about 30 years ago so please be gentle with your replies. I have recently bought an X2 mill and an ER32 Collet chuck. These...
7
7

Hardite info?
I found a half-tin of Hardite case hardening powder. The tin's outer is partly rusted, and any instructions that might have been on it are not readable. Is there some place where I can find...
29
29

Heat treating...
I've noticed a few times that the likes of CPC sell amplifiers that, in bridge mode, can pump 2kW into 8Ohms at 30kHz. Said amps are about £275 with VAT. Is this an excuse to wrap a bit of microbore...
3
3

Cheap Universal Tool & Cutter Grinder
Does anyone, please, have experience of these small imported "Universal Tool & Cutter Grinders" ? Warco, Chronos and RDG are selling them now and RDG have an offer which is substantially less than the...
44
44

Oh god. This group *is* active
I know 3.3 mm is the preferred drilling for a 4 mm tap, but in practice is 3.5 mm OK? My supplier only stocks "standard" taps (no starters or bottomers)
46
46

UK materials and nomenclature
Hi Can some kind person help with: Is aluminium stock (25.4 mm square section, 20 X 3 mm strip, 10 mm od tube) readily available in UK as it is here in Australia? Is metric (rather than imperial) the...
2
2

hole in the middle?
over the holiday I had cause to make a 1/4" whitworth knob. 1" diameter, 1/4" thick, 1/4 whit hole in the middle. Simple enough job, but I only had some 1" x 1/4" Alu flatstock (actually an old shelf...
12
12

Instrument head screws ?
Have instrument head* screws become obsolete ? Googling failed to produce one supplier. I 'm after a couple of dozen 2BA X 0.5" slotted in either stainless steel or chrome-plated. * The ones that are...
9
9

Ism Call For Papers
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Papers ====================================================================== Management Track within WiCOM International Symposium on...