Crosslinking NBR

Hello,

i´m looking for an additive that slow down or better inhibit the crosslinking of NBR at appr. 150°C.

Thanks

Reply to
Michael GW

Can you add less crosslinker? Otherwise try antioxidants.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

That is my problem. i didn´t add any crosslinker.

Michael

Reply to
Michael GW

Do you want to produce parts out of NBR or do you use NBR parts?

sounds stupid, but why do you want to inhibit the crosslinking?

perhaps it is the better way to use HNBR or FKM?

Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

Reply to
Michael Erwerle

We need the NBR as a plasticizer in our compounds

Michael

Reply to
Michael GW

I'd suggest again the antioxidant route. The suppliers (Ciba,

or others) can help suggest an appropriate additive that is soluble in your base.

NBR as a plasticizer? That's a new one for me.

JOhn

Reply to
John Spevacek

Fine powder made of crosslinked NBR waste...

A Kind of Filler, nothing realy new

Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

Reply to
Michael Erwerle

I don't see a filler and a plasticizer as being the same thing. A filler would be a small solid material that is a separate phase from the matrix polymer, while a plasticizer is a liquid that for a single phase with the base polymer and lowers the Tg of the single phase. I would be willing to forgo the "liquid" requirement(which is why this is a new one for me), but not the thermodynamic compatibility.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

Do you kbow the diffence between scientific Language and used language?

All PU Production I know works with polyaddition... but all call it polymerisation..

NBR is used as a filler to make an hard thermoplast (PE?PP? softer.. so they may call it plastisicer

I know some guys who use it in floor production.. they call it plasticiser...