Dry NR Protein Content

Can anyone point me toward studies that evaluate the levels of extractable proteins from dry natural rubber, specifically pale crepe? Any comparisons to natural rubber latex would also be helpful.

Also, information regarding the processing of the material (from tapping the tree to vulcanization, chlorination, washing,... of the final product) that affect the final extractable protein levels and allergenicity would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tom

I know what I have to contribute doesn't answer you question, but it might get you closer to someone that does know the answer if the rest of the newsgroup comes up blank.

A few years ago I was working for a different medical company than my current employer and needed to have the product tested for natural rubber proteins. The link below is for the group that with whom I contracted out the testing. They seem to have a little bit of information on their site that might be helpful, and a phone call to them might be even more useful.

You might also consider trying to find a more medically oriented newsgroup to post to, although I would be somewhat leary of that. There are enough oddballs with extreme views about allergies and allergens out there to make me question whether if would be worth the effort.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek