FTIR-orientation measurements-formalism

im looking for feedback on angular-depended ftir absorbance.

im trying to verify whether there are equations which corelate the angles of polarized (insident) light with the amount of light absorbed by a sample.

Reply to
tzavalas

this is exactly what i need.

even if i dont think that your sample needs to be higly oriented in order to observe the phenomenon. it just needs to "prefer" being in one direction more than to an other, cause when this occurs the absorbance is no longer equal at all angles therefore a

3D-representation in polar coordinates wouldnt lead to a sphere.

anyway my samples are higly oriented and they could be concidered as low efficiancy polarizers as you said.

I would be grateful if you could find something on it.

Reply to
tzavalas

thats exactly what im looking for, u dont have to apologize, even if you're right that it was not much to go on. nevertheless now i can start hoping that you might find something in your papers.

im desperate, im searching in our libraries and on the net for weeks without finding anything else than references on P2(cosθ) P4(cosθ) ....etc etc which is driving me maaaaaaaaaad

anyway thanks for the attempt to help ,bye

spiros

Reply to
tzavalas

I dunno where in the world you are at the moment and what your chances are to get yer hands on German PhD theses, but if i remember correctly a coworker of Prof Höcker of the German Wool Research Institute has done exactly these things: Hönings, Christina Schwingungsspektroskopische Charakterisierung von modifizierten und beschichteten Film- und Faseroberflächen, published in 1994.

Reply to
dave.lister