Gluing acrylics problem

I'm new to fabricating acrylics. I use Weld-on #3 for gluing pieces together. I'm having a problem with tiny bubbles in the joints. Not the larger one from poor fitting pieces. These appear to be .25mm in size. My joints don't look bad from a distance, but up close, I can see these bubbles. Since I work with acrylics, I notice other work in stores and such and see that non perfect joints are the norm. Some look downright ugly. Perhaps I'm over reacting to the small bubbles I do get.

Another effect I see in my work and in other work is a white spots that appear in the joints. They seem to appear weeks after the joint was made.

Weld-on 3 is fast drying and water thin, I was considering a slower drying water thin solvent if that works better. (I use capillary action for gluing.). Is that the way to go?

Thanks for any tips. BG

Reply to
BG250