Heavy meat pigments in Minnesota

Does anyone know where Minnesota is at regarding heavy metal pigments that are encased in plastic, i.e. color concentrate masterbatches used to color thermoplastics. I know they were initially banned, but I recently came across a summary of a June 20, 2000 meeting of the Minnesota Listed metals Advisory Counsil in which the board recommended these types of encased heavy metal pigments NOT be banned.

Thanks,

robre

Reply to
robre

First, I love the mis-spell in your subject line :-)

Second, I think that their law basis switched over around that time to the CONEG model, being pushed at the time as a pseudo-standardized form of legislation for packaging. Here's a summary link, although it mostly pertains to California's enactment of the statute:

Here is Minnesota's implementation of that legislation:

It may be that the retraction you found was to accomodate backing for this (more standardized) legislation. Hope that helps.

Regards R. David Zopf Bomar Specialties Co.

Reply to
David Zopf

Thanks, David. Ah, the typo in the title............I'm soooo embarassed!!

Looks to me like MN used the CONED standard in the 90's, but then retracted parts of it in 2000. I might have to call the MPCA and ask them about it. Can you think of anyone you need to get even with for something -- I'll use his name.

robre

Reply to
robre