Lab question: cleaning glass

Hi!

How can glass (beakers, flasks, etc.) be cleansed of acrylic polymers(*) which are insoluble in water without using a lot of organic solvents? I am searching for an environmentally friendly way of cleaning lab equipment.

TIA, Oliver

(*) highly viscous, strongly adherend, glue-type polymer

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford

Vodka!

Reply to
bob

Pyrolytacl and then mechanical...

heat it ub and then clean the Glass with a brush...

I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

Reply to
Michael Erwerle

We use ulta sound to clean ours but i do not know off hand what the liquid is in the tank it could be water.

Reply to
Tottymop

I would try methanolic KOH. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

you may try that fill the flask (or whatever it is) with acetone then dip it in ultrasonic bath

good luck

Ozgur Eylem science is a key with this key you can open heavens door but the same key also opens hells doors too... R.Feynman

Reply to
Ozgur Eylem

You are a bit late... ;-)

It is not possible to fill the flask completely with acetone and then you have still spots with some tacky residue (or acetone-spills dry: same problem).

I have tried most of the suggestion and I will stick to the methanol(ispropanol/ethanol)/KOH solution.

Regards, Oliver

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford