Mould release agent for PC material

I would like to know the reason, why we can't use silicon release agent to apply on the mould during plastic injection moulding on a PC material ? Can any person know the reason, Thank you .

Reply to
plastis man

You might contact the maker of your PC material. Ask them for recommendations. Mold releases can cause problems with the end use of your mouldings. Your customers should also be consulted. Most medical instrument companies do not allow the use of release agents during the molding of their parts. If you are having problems with part removal, there may be other remedies besides using a release agent. Also, some grades of PC are available with additional internal release. Typical effects of release agents are a reduction of physical properties such as the lack of bonding where melt streams join.

Reply to
Billy Hiebert