Remove sand from plastic films

Hi I'm a PhD student, and I'm facing a problem with the recycling of low density polyethylene from agricultural fields. They carry high contents of dust and sand that I can not remove completely with consecutive water baths and air drying (although they seem free of them at first sight)... I suspect that there might be some static electricity that keeps the smallest particles stick to the films... Do anyone have a suggestion to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

José Gamez-Perez

Reply to
Jose Gamez

Well, its not really an answer, but this type of scrap is usually already degraded from UV exposure, and cannot be recycled for any critical application. So why bother beyond basic cleaning, and use it for black concrete liner or rotary moulding and so forth, probably adding it at 20-30% to a better grade material. Of course, too much grit is not good for extruders...

All the best Ian Macmillan

Reply to
Ian Macmillan