PET foaming

I'm starting to work on a new project about PET foaming.....can someone help me in this interesting "adventure"?

Is it possible to foam PET? Do you know any supplier that has already developed a line for this application? Any particular PET grade is to be used?

Thanks

Andrea

Reply to
paci.andrea

DuPont made a product called Pneumocel (sic). It was used as carpet underlay. Made by spinning/extruding PET with methylene chloride and foam was post inflated or stabilized with a fluorocarbon gas to keep inflated. Old technology should be available in US patent dB over 40 years ago.

Frank

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Frank