pH sensitive polymer

Could anybody tell any pH sensitive polymer whose electrical properties (lets say dielectric constant) changes as the pH value of the solution changes. The change in the pH value could be small even (but the sensitivity needed is to be good) preferably in the basic side.

If it is available, where from can I get it? The application of this material would be a layer (intermettalic layer) in some microsystem. Other details can't be revealed.

Reply to
Sumi

I don't have data readily available, but polyacrylamide would be an example of something you could consider. The polymer is used in flocculating solids during water treatment, with the degree of ionization and thereby the zeta potential changing with pH. Polyacrylic acid would be similar. Also keep in mind that they two polymers I mentioned above are base examples - there are a wide range of substituted monomers that could be used instead, either alone or a copolymers. For instance, polymethacrylic acid, and poly N-isopropylacrylamide.

John

Reply to
john.spevacek