pKa of a polymer

I am new to polymers, and i wonder if polymers have pKa, of if there is a way to estimate it. If so, I am interested in knowing the pKa of PEI (polyethyleneimine). Can I find a list of polymers with its pKa somewhere (book, article, website...)?

thank you

Reply to
Marc

Due to cooperativity effects polyelectrolytes do not have a pKa (the pKa of every individual acid group is dependent on the state of the neighbouring groups).

IIRC in real PEI all types of nitrogen (primary, secondary, tertiary) are present. Another reason why the specification of a single pKa is not meaningful.

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford