Plastics with high UV-A transmission capability

I am looking for plastics with high UV-A transmission capability. My aim is to bond a ring (wall thickness 5-10 mm) made of that plastic to a powder laquered steel tube. Cycle time is very low, so a UV-curing adhesive would be perfect. Bondability of the plastic should be high therefore. Additionally the plastic should be suitable for injection molding. High modulus would be welcome, on the other hand it should be not too brittle (I'd like to implement a film hinge). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance vb

Reply to
Volker Borst

Rolf Wissmann

Have you looked at TPX?

Reply to
L Alpert

Reply to
magicjoe

UVA transmission from 320-400 nm by TPX is most probably your best option.PMMA is not since it absorbs strongly between these wavelengths. TPX will absorb below 350 nm but beyond 350 you have over 90% Transmission.

Joe

Reply to
magicjoe

May UV curing plastic bonding adhesives cure with a combination of long wave UV-A and visible (blue) light, to get over the poor transmission. See

for example.

Peter

Reply to
peter1810