Re: Which styrene used or still uses lead phosphate as a stabilizer? Polystyrene or some other form of styrene?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Styrene monomer (i.e. liquid) uses TBC (t-butyl catechol) as an inhibitor. As for the plastic, I don't know but as styrene has an aromatic ring it is prone to oxidation and yellowing. Possibly some lead compounds could be used as free radical 'traps' (scavengers) to slow down the yellowing (similar to the use, I would imagine of tetraethyl and tetramethyl lead as 'anti-knock' additives and ocatne boosters in petrol (gas)).
*** Sent From/Enviado desde:     http://groups.expo.st ***