Terpene-phenol resin properties

I'm a Chemical Engineering student working on a final project based on the production of terpene-phenol resins (in this case with an average molar weight of 1000g/mol).

The problem with this compound is the fact that I can´t get any data like heat capacity, heat of formation and so on... If possible, what I would like to ask is if anybody could tell me a way to estimate or get a quite good approach to the heat capacity and heat of formation of this resin.

I would also like to ask if there is any similar compound/polymer to this one, which might be used in simulation software such as ASPEN.

I would like to thank in advance for your attention and any kind reply.

Best regards Pedro Almeida

Reply to
Pedro

I suggest to have a call to a resin producer or an adhesive manufacturer. (e.g. National starch, Henkel, Sovereign...) I once worked with such products, like Nirez (now Sylvares TP) resins from Arizona Chemical

or Dertophene T from DRT
Then I have made DSC-scans from those products an I had a value of the cp.But I have lost everything when I left the company. ExxonMobil
makes alternatives derivated from oil : Escorez 5600-series : these resins have a certain aromatic character, although they do not contain OH-functionality. Eastmann has there Regalite S-series (also without OH). I see for instance that Regalite S1100 has a Mw of 900. But I do not see a cp or other values. These resins are non-crystalline and at a certain moment they will go over from glass to a liquid phase. The Tg is about 10 to 20°C below the R&B. Another producer of similar products : Rutgers chemicals :

Johann Zwei