Automating model creation

Hi, I got a question on how to control parameters of a model from outside. E.g. for a cylinder, length and diameter are given via some text files=20 and it is desired to create the model automatically without any user=20 interaction. What is best practice here ? Since I am new to ProE, I followed some articles where this can be done=20 via ProE/Toolkit or Jlink. Has someone already explored this ?

Jost

--=20

-------------------------------------------------------- Dipl.-Ing. Jost Weber

Institut f=FCr Technische Mechanik RWTH Aachen Templergraben 64 D-52056 Aachen

Tel.: +49-241-80-94622 Fax.: +49-241-80-92923 email: snipped-for-privacy@itm.rwth-aachen.de

Jost Weber

It might be easier with Jlink or Toolkit but you can read in a text file without either of them, in fact they would utilize that functionality in order to do it also.

Jost

Reply to
Dan Richards

I think what Dan is talking about is Pro/PROGRAM. When the parameters and relations have been defined in program, the next time the file is opened, it asks whether you want to regen with 'Current vals', 'Enter' or 'From file'. If you pick the latter, it asks for a file name that has a saved program. You can edit this saved program from any text editor. When read and the file saved, this will be the new program saved with the part. You also access J-Link through the same 'Tools>Progarm' Menu Manager function list.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hi David, thanks for hinting me to Pro/Program. I was looking for something non-interactively assuming that there might=20 be a batch mode for generating the model. Then, I can couple ProE with=20 an external program code to get the geometry automatically created. It=20 seems more and more to me that I have to use Jlink (for Toolkit, I do=20 not have a license)

Jost

nk or=20