How to hide excess future on model?

Hi

I am building the old tamiya 1/35 Stug IV tank. I ran into trouble with the decals peeling off the model the following day. After some advice I decided to dip a brush in future and apply to the decals. It did work, after 2 days the decals are nicely placed on the model. I sprayed some dull cote from testors thinking it would hide the future afterwards but it didn't. What shall I do? More dull cote coats?

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Reply to
varois83

i future on top of the decals first. let dry overnite and dull cote does it. may not be too late.

I find it's best to future the entire model,so there are no differences in reflectivity.If I'm being lazy and only future in the decal area,I use a flat coat made of future with tamiya flat base which seems to work better in hiding it.

Reply to
eyeball

Thanks a lot guys! I usually future the whole model, then apply the decals, then seal the decals with more future, then dull cote. But this time had a problem when the decals peeled off. I think I will apply more dull cote.

Thanks

Patrick

Reply to
varois83