It worrrrks! Anyone wanting info's on how to convert a cardboard-model into a regular RC-model?

Hello Fellows!

It works :)

After three less satisfying experiments its the fourth run which seems to come out nicely: Convertign a cardboard-model into a regular wood-and-glassfiber-model. In particular I am at the moment working on a 1:200 Tirpitz, which I want to modify heavily so that it looks like it "could" have looked like when it wouldn't had been deconstructed in the Norwegian fjord it was sunk in 1944, but instead survived the war and would have been either given back to germany later on or maybe been taken into use by another nation.

I'm just wondering if I should remove the DORA turret and replace it with an helicopter-lift or with a on-deck set of hangars for the heli's? And, if I should place the radar-mast on the place of the rear or the forward antenna-mast. Oh, and if to remove the four old aircraft-hangars and place a battery of smart-weapon-boxes, such as Cruise-Missle-launchers..

You all are welcome to make suggestions on how the "lonely queen of the north" would be looking, including painting, when refitted as part of EU peacekeeping-forces.

But back to my inital topic: Do you think it's usefull making photos and put them on a website as a kind of step-by-step instruction for others wanting to convert one of the easily obtainable and cheap cardboard-models of "their" nations armoured behemoths into a fully operational wood-and-glassfiber RC-model?

USA: GPM / Halinski / ??? : Iowa, New Jersey, Missouri France: GPM/ Halinski / ???: Richelieu Italy: GPM / Halinski / ???: Roma, Conte Cavour, ... Great Britain: GPM / Halinski / ???: King George IV, Hood, ... Germany: GPM / Halinski / ???: Bismark, Tirpitz Japan: GPM / Halisnki / ???: Yamato, Musashi and so on, and so on....

Ideas, Suggestions and general Feedback muchly appreciated!

Reply to
Ruediger

Hello,

There's the following place on the internet for the whif builder:

Greetings,

FilipFr "Ruediger" schreef in bericht news:e4i2vt$4fb$02$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...

Reply to
filsoft

OK - so give us a quick run down on how you make the conversion from cardboard to wood?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I'll put a link to my homepage - I'm making pictures in the moment of the wooden skeleton at this time, for the model is in that stage at the moment, but that is exactly the stage i for my part always had the greatest troubles with reaching: A solid base for a ship's hull.

Stay tuned, I'll make a new osting with the link, and an english guide / howto.

=)

WmB wrote:

Reply to
Ruediger