P-38 Yippee question

I mentioned recently that I wanted to build a 1/72nd 5,000th P-38 which was in the fire engine red Yippee scheme.

I was offered a set of decals which duly arrived so I am now starting the model.

I have a small problem. When building the Academy P-38j, the decals include a few small red circles on the upper wings that deliniate, what I guess, are fuel filler cap locations or some such.

As Yippee is bright red I can't determine whether these decals were there or whether they weren't.

Any thoughts? David SBX Model Shop

of Montex Masks to the world!

Reply to
david

Dave - Profile #106 shows a couple of views of "Yippee" (side and bottom with a scrap of the fuselage). Outside of the name, star 'n' bar and ac number on the tail, it doesn't show any other markings. This includes the red "No Step" designation beside the cockpit. If those circles were there, they might have been a slightly different shade of red and not immediately visible, but I'm thinking that they were not there at all. -- John

Reply to
The Old Man

Thanks John.

I have only one really good picture and I think that I agree with you. There apperas to be minimum markings so I will go for that.

I will keep you in touch with progress. I have the cockpit and the booms done. I have them mounted into the body with the nose weight in so its coming on. David SBX Model Shop

of Montex Masks to the world!

Reply to
david